Accolades for Merlot
Mark Takagi selects 2011 Boushey Merlot for his "Christmas Dream Case"
9 Pacific Northwest wine experts list their “Dream Christmas Case” of wine for 2014.
Andy Perdue, GreatNorthwestWine.com, December 19, 2014
by Andy Perdue
If you could choose any 12 wines to find under your Christmas tree, what would they be?
If you could have any bottle of wine, what would it be?
That’s the question we posed to 9 Pacific Northwest wine experts, & their answers included both a “who’s who” & a “who’s that?” list of wines from Washington, Oregon, British Columbia & Idaho.
Our 9 wine experts taste thousands of wines per year in a search for what to write about, what to stock on their shelves & what to put on their wine lists.
We asked each of them, “What would be your dream case of wine to find under your Christmas tree?” Here are their answers:
Mark Takagi is specialty sales director of the Seattle-based Metropolitan Market group. He judges wines throughout the Pacific Northwest, including the Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition.
- DeLille Cellars 2012 Four Flags Cabernet Sauvignon
- Saviah Cellars 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Walla Valley
- Result Of A Crush NV Christmas Cuvée
- Colene Clemens Vineyards 2012/2011 Margo Pinot Noir
- Forgeron Cellars 2011 Boushey Vineyard Merlot
- aMaurice Cellars 2012 Conner Lee Vineyard Chardonnay
- Avennia 2012 Sestina
- Stoller Family Estate 2012 Pinot Noir, Dundee Hills
- L’Ecole No. 41 2013 Semillon
- Chateau Ste. Michelle 2013 Eroica Riesling
- Ambassador Vineyard 2010 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Woodward Canyon Winery 2012 Chardonnay
For the full article, with the other Pacific Northwest wine experts & their selections, click on the Great Northwest Wine website.Tweet